I want to tell you how I set up my computer to work on flutter apps.
I do this with a freshly installed Windows 10. However, the steps would be similar for any OS you choose.
- Download everything
- Place it somewhere
- Install Android Studio
- Install Android Studio and VS Code
- Set Environment variables
- Install flutter plugins in IDEs
- Flutter SDK from https://flutter.dev/setup
- Android studio https://developer.android.com/studio
- VScode https://code.visualstudio.com/download
- scrcpy https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy/releases/tag/v1.16
Place it somewhere
- Unzip and place flutter SDK in c:/SDK
- Unzip scrcpy and place it in c:/TOOLS
Install Android Studio and VS Code
Choose the SDK path as c:/SDK/android-sdk
Let the installation complete.
Install VS code normally, the way you would any software.
Set Environment variables
Add paths to the `Path` variable. For me, these are the paths I have added.
- C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre\bin
Note: your paths may differ from this. Act accordingly
Install flutter plugins
Install flutter plugin in android studio and vs code.
Restart your computer to make sure environment variables are loaded.